Engineering and Production Bench Technician
Futurex is seeking a team-oriented individual to fill the position of Engineering and Production Bench Technician. The ideal candidate will perform moderately complex work involving repair, maintenance, and production of Futurex's cryptographic data security solutions. The position will involve assembling, testing, and troubleshooting of both production and test-level systems.
This position offers an opportunity for skilled individuals to expand their talents by participating directly in a number of different phases of the hardware production and repair process. Individual visibility within the team is high, and opportunities for skill set growth exist. The qualified candidate must be willing to work under general supervision in an environment involving both individual and team-based tasks. The candidate will have general knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of electronic hardware repair and maintenance.
The qualified candidate should possess the ability to process information logically, to interpret technical information quickly and accurately, and to communicate effectively. The position includes a generous compensation package.
- Assemble, test, and troubleshoot Futurex's line of hardware cryptographic solutions
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference
- Maintain inventory of parts and accurate production and repair records
- Apply electrical and mechanical theory and knowledge to test, troubleshoot, and repair systems
- Develop and follow standardized processes for the assembly and production process
- Maintain a safe, secure work environment and observe electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions
- Prepare shipments following approved packaging guidelines
- Associate degree in electronics or related field
- Familiarity with common industry tools, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, and hand tools
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to read schematics and identify electrical components
- Experience with cable assembly / soldering
- Motivated, self-starting, and eager to learn
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty pounds
- Scenic corporate campus located approximately 15 minutes north of San Antonio, Texas and an hour south of Austin, Texas.
Why Futurex is one of San Antonio’s Best Places to Work
The fast-paced corporate culture doesn’t detract from the fact that employees at Futurex are like family. Working at Futurex offers perks that facilitate health, teamwork, and – if you enjoy such opportunities as watching a San Antonio Spurs playoff game from the corporate suite – fun.Futurex Employees