Software Test Engineer
Futurex, named one of San Antonio's "Best Places to Work" from 2009-2017, is seeking talented individuals for the position of Software Test Engineer. This position offers an opportunity for passionate, motivated individuals to join our team of world-class engineers and assist in quality assurance for Futurex's line of innovative, hardware-based cryptographic solutions.
Software Test Engineers are responsible for ensuring the security of Futurex products from a technical standpoint and enhancing the quality assurance and automated testing frameworks of our industry-leading line of encryption products. They coordinate between the Quality Assurance team's business requirements and the Engineering team's security requirements. The position involves developing and extending both existing and new automated testing frameworks, as well as setting up and maintaining physical and logical testing environments.
This role offers a unique opportunity for candidates to learn skills and techniques used by industry experts around the world. Individual visibility within the team is high, and there are opportunities for rapid advancement. All levels of Futurex software engineers work directly with production-level code in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment on products with a rapid time to market.
Qualified candidates should possess the ability to design programs and systems based on defined requirements; to prepare program specifications; to code, test, and debug software; to interpret technical information relating to software development; and to communicate effectively.
- Simulate production environments with Futurex hardware
- Design, modify, and extend testing frameworks
- Research attack vectors and common vulnerabilities
- Benchmark Futurex products using multiple factors in various scenarios
- Perform large-scale and long-term gray-box testing
- Conduct penetration testing and attack vector analysis
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored, or accessed
- Software development experience in Python
- Experience with C and/or C++
- Motivated, self-starting, and eager to learn
- Experience with Linux
- SQL experience and basic understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Experience with version control software
- Experience with multiple architectures, particularly PowerPC or ARM
- Health, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Competitive compensation and opportunities for advancement
- Complimentary gym membership
- Retirement plan with employer contribution match
- Scenic corporate campus with amenities including a tennis court, jogging trail, and a putting green
- Welcoming, family-style corporate culture uniquely suited to fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and motivated individuals
- Scenic corporate campus located approximately 15 minutes north of San Antonio, Texas.
Why Futurex is one of San Antonio’s Best Places to Work
The fast-paced corporate culture doesn’t detract from the fact that employees at Futurex are like family. Working at Futurex offers perks that facilitate health, teamwork, and – if you enjoy such opportunities as watching a San Antonio Spurs playoff game from the corporate suite – fun.Futurex Employees