Technical Writing Manager
Futurex is seeking a Technical Writing Manager for full-time employment at Futurex’s Engineering Campus in Bulverde, 15 miles north of San Antonio, Texas. The ideal Technical Writing Manager has strong technical writing skills, demonstrated experience working with complex technology, and is adept at making sophisticated concepts understandable to readers of varying experience levels. The ideal candidate is ready to spend significant time on direct contribution to technical writing projects, but also has the capability and desire to manage a team of technical writers in the future.
We are looking for candidates with excellent writing, editing, and communication skills. Ideal candidates are passionate about learning new skills and concepts and want to learn about cutting-edge technology. We also want someone who loves to work with other people and can effectively communicate with individuals from a variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds. If this sounds like the type of environment you'd like to be part of, we encourage you to submit your application today.
- Maintaining technical documentation, including user guides and product training materials.
- Enhancing our existing documentation to provide greater value to our customers, enabling them to expand the usage of our products and reduce their reliance on our technical support team.
- Resource planning to ensure we meet customer expectations for documentation relating to new hardware, firmware, and application releases.
- Enhancing our existing technical documentation infrastructure to make it more efficient to manage and enable moderated content contribution from sources outside the technical writing team.
- Identifying new ways to improve the customer experience as it relates to their integration and operation of our products and services, with a focus on technical documentation and other associated resources.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of technical writing experience for enterprise B2B technology
- 3+ years of experience with MadCap Flare
- 1-3 years of experience supervising a technical writing team
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Aptitude for quickly building an understanding of complex technical concepts
- Motivated, self-starting, and eager to learn
- Health, dental, vision, life, and short/long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Competitive compensation and opportunities for advancement
- Complimentary gym membership
- Retirement plan with employer contribution match
- Scenic corporate campus with amenities including a tennis court, jogging trail, and putting green
- Welcoming, family-style corporate culture uniquely suited to fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and motivated individuals
LOCATION: Bulverde, Texas
Why Futurex is one of San Antonio’s Best Places to Work
The fast-paced corporate culture doesn’t detract from the fact that employees at Futurex are like family. Working at Futurex offers perks that facilitate health, teamwork, and – if you enjoy such opportunities as watching a San Antonio Spurs playoff game from the corporate suite – fun.Futurex Employees