Don't put your environment at risk
Adhere to best practices, simplify your maintenance processes, and eliminate risks associated with off-the-shelf USB drives by performing regular backups of your hardware with the Futurex USB Backup HSM.
USB Backup HSM features
- Low-cost, turnkey replacement for off-the-shelf USB backup drives. No changes to your Futurex devices are needed, even for legacy Futurex hardware.
- If device backups are ever lost or stolen, multiple layers of FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validated security protect it from ever being accessed.
- Large storage capacity for multiple backups on a single USB Backup HSM.
- The portable form factor enables multi-site backup requirements to be met easily.
- Quickly fulfills organizational priorities for secure backup and retention policies.
Physically back up Futurex devices with the USB Backup HSM
The USB Backup HSM allows you to physically secure and store multiple hardware security module and Base Architecture Model device backups. Secured with a passcode number pad, the FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validated USB device can be directly connected to Futurex devices or remotely connected through the Excrypt Touch.
Double-encrypted for unparalleled security
When you are responsible for cryptographic infrastructure, taking regular backups is important, but ensuring those backups are secure is critical. The layered encryption of Futurex's USB Backup HSM, using both source and USB HSM keys, gives you confidence that you're doing everything possible to protect your organization's most critical assets.
- 16GB of storage space
- Separate admin and user mode
- Back up servers or select encrypted keys
- Double-encrypted using keys on source HSM and on USB Backup HSM
Securely transport certificate requests, private keys, and configuration settings
The USB Backup HSM allows you to physically secure and replicate HSM/appliance configuration and keys across multiple devices. Key loading and configuration settings can be performed on the first HSM/appliance and then a backup of those settings uploaded to the USB Backup HSM.
Portable, secure, and convenient
The Futurex USB Backup HSM is the ultimate solution for portability, affordability, and data protection. The device is software-free, double-encrypted, has onboard keypad PIN authentication, and is compatible with all Futurex devices.
Supported Futurex Devices
- Excrypt Plus
- Excrypt SSP Enterprise v.2
- Vectera Plus
- SKI Series 3
- KMES Series 3
- Guardian Series 3
- Legacy Futurex hardware
Fully standards-compliant storage
The USB Backup HSM is compliant with the guidelines for FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validation, which encompasses both its physical tamper-resistant features as well as its identity-based authentication.
- User-Forced and Admin-Forced Enrollment
- Two ReadOnly Modes
- Unattended Auto Lock
- Lock Override
- Programmable PIN Lengths
Data Transfer Rate
- Up to 190MB/s Read / 80MB/s Write
- USB Port / Internal Battery
- Super Speed USB 3.1 (Backwards compatible with USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1)
- 81mm x 18.4mm x 9.5mm | 22
Windows®, Mac®, Linux, Android and Symbian systems, or any powered USB OS with a storage file system