Key Management Servers play an important role in protecting sensitive data, so ensuring that the keys created will be secure is highly critical. Futurex key and certificate management devices provide both physical and logical security features such as permission-based user controls, dual control, reinforced steel chassis with lock plates, and tamper-responsive wiring that will zeroize sensitive data if the device is penetrated.
A Key Management Server (KMS) is a cryptographic appliance that allows for the standards-compliant management of the encryption key lifecycle: creating, managing, distributing, and retiring keys. Futurex key management devices are a hardened, enterprise-class key management platform with full key and certificate lifecycle management as well as role-based user permissions and full automation capabilities.
What's the Purpose of a Key and Certificate Management Device?
Cryptographic systems and client devices use many different keys for encrypting sensitive data, each of which must be securely generated and stored. Additionally, the identity of connecting devices, often a client and a server, must be authenticated by verifying digital certificates. These digital certificates are issued by a trusted certificate authority and ensure the integrity of electronic communication, certifying that the data has not been tampered with and devices have not been substituted.
Futurex Key Management Servers provide a secure, functional platform for businesses to create and manage these different keys and certificates all in one convenient location. Users are able to store, delete, and keep track of existing keys and certificates as well as generate new keys and certificates as needed.
KMES Series 3
Hardened, enterprise-class key and certificate lifecycle management solutions
- Symmetric key lifecycle management for issuance, offline root, and more
- Enterprise certificate authority and public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Registration authority
- Data protection, application encryption, and integration with 3rd-party applications
- Vaultless tokenization
- Quantum-resistant hybrid certificate authority issuance
RKMS Series 3
A complete remote key management solution for your POS or ATM network
- Eliminates the costly manual process of loading keys by managing them from one central location
- Automates the manual key replacement process
- Securely and remotely distributes encryption keys over a secured IP network
- Integrates hardware-based disaster recovery and redundancy
SKI Series 3
Manage, inject, and store your Point of Sale encryption keys with Futurex’s all-in-one security solution
- Supports large key injection batches
- Provides flexibility in all your key loading operations
- Integrates with all major POS device makers
- Easy generation of Key reports