ATM Remote Key Loading
Convenient, Efficient, and Remote ATM Key Loading
- Reduces the time and effort associated with key management
- Securely and cost-effectively injects encryption keys into ATMs from a remote location
- Generates and stores keys within the security of the RKMS Series hardware device
For organizations maintaining a network of ATMs, directly rotating encryption keys can be a costly process. Key administrators are given key components and must visit every ATM to enter them. Given the size of some organizations’ ATM networks, rekeying a network in this manner can require significant time and manpower. This method prohibits organizations from adopting shorter key rotation cycles for their ATM networks, and thereby decreases the overall system security. If a key were to be compromised under this method, which often still involves paper-based key components, the rekeying of an entire ATM network would prevent organizations from moving swiftly to counter the compromise.
Key Management Made Convenient
Futurex provides a simplified solution for ATM remote key loading. We automate the manual key replacement process to provide for quick ATM key loading from anywhere in the world. Whenever a new key is requested, the RKMS Series automatically transmits it, ensuring uptime during key rotation. The RKMS Series serves a broad range of key management functions including encryption key generation, distribution, injection, deletion, and tracking.
How It Works
To facilitate remote key loading and to allow the ATM’s Encrypting PIN Pad (EPP) to communicate with the RKMS Series device, Futurex software acts as an agent on the ATM itself. Using an encrypted, mutually authenticated connection over a TCP/IP connection, the RKMS Series is able to transfer keys to the ATM device almost instantaneously.
Keys are generated and stored within the RKMS Series’ FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Secure Cryptographic Device (SCD). They can be organized by assigned key group, name, or serial number. The RKMS Series also supports the batch importing of devices, using device serial numbers, and the logging of all activities.
Additionally, the ATM will never have extended outages to have the agent software updated. Anytime a software update has been released, the entire infrastructure can be updated, reducing costs associated with system maintenance.
Devices for ATM Remote Key Loading
A complete remote key management solution for your POS or ATM network
- Eliminates the costly manual process of loading keys by managing them from one central location
- Automates the manual key replacement process
- Securely and remotely distributes encryption keys over a secured IP network
- Integrates hardware-based disaster recovery and redundancy
Simplify your system from one location with monitoring, alerting, load balancing, data replication, and more
- Centralized management for Futurex devices
- User-defined grouping system
- Easy-to-understand, user-friendly operation
- Customized notifications and alerting options available
- Intelligent load distribution and automated failover
Compliantly and securely load keys and perform device configuration from anywhere in the world
- Easily manage your worldwide data encryption presence from a single location
- Capable of configuring multiple devices
- Eliminates the manual process of transferring key components
- Provides detailed audit records
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3-validated