Google Workspace Client-side encryption
Google Workspace Client-side encryption (coming soon to beta) gives enterprises the ability to encrypt their data before sending it to Google’s servers. Client-side encryption gives customers direct control of encryption keys and makes customer data indecipherable, placing unprecedented control in the user’s hands.
Futurex provides the world’s most versatile and secure key management service for encrypting data sent to Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
What is Client-side encryption?
Client-side encryption is a method of encrypting data on the user’s end before it is sent to the service provider. The user determines their encryption key, manages its lifecycle, and retains sole access to it. Third parties cannot decrypt the user’s data while it is hosted in the service provider’s infrastructure.
Advantages of Client-side encryption
Futurex delivers the most secure key management solution on the market. Organizations will immediately reap several key benefits:
- Stored data is indecipherable to 3rd parties
- Eliminates risk of host-side data leaks
- Available on-premises or through the cloud
- Configurable across entire organizational units
- Enterprise-wide privacy and security
Enable Client-side encryption via Google Workspace Admin Console:
- Log into admin console
- Select option to add an external key
- Enter the KACLS server address
- Specify organizational units
- Configure 3rd party Identity Provider
Google Workspace Client-Side Encryption Covers These Apps:
Futurex Solution Details
Futurex’s natively-integrated HSMs offer streamlined deployment and high security, with no 3rd party relationship management needed.
- Support for Google Chrome
- 256-bit AES keys with monthly rotation
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validated key management server
- Deliverable either on-premises as 2U network appliance, or via Futurex’s VirtuCrypt cloud service
Want to Learn More?
KMES Series 3: Enterprise-Wide Data Protection
Futurex provides a versatile external key service using fully validated HSM and cloud technology. In addition to solutions for Google Workspace Client-side encryption, Futurex’s Key Management Enterprise Server (KMES) Series 3 offers the following functionality:
- Cloud Key Management
- Data protection
- Public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Certificate Authority (CA)
- Code Signing
- Vaultless Tokenization
VirtuCrypt Cloud HSM Services
VirtuCrypt, Futurex’s cloud HSM and key management platform, is an award-winning provider of enterprise-class cloud security services. VirtuCrypt provides cloud-based access to Futurex’s innovative set of solutions for encryption, key management, tokenization, PKI & certificate authority, data protection, remote key loading for POS/ATM/IoT, and much more.
- Automated provisioning of cloud HSMs through VirtuCrypt Intelligence Portal
- Easy migration from legacy on-premises HSMs to cloud HSMs
- User-controlled clustering and high availability
- Services available from worldwide data centers
- 99.999%+ SLA-backed uptime