Retailers attract high profile attention when it comes to data breaches and customer information security, which is why it is imperative that their data security measures go above and beyond the compliance standard in order to have infrastructures that are truly defensible at every endpoint.
Reliable Data Protection
Retailers have a serious responsibility to protect the cardholder data of their customers, but this task must be balanced with the ability to offer their customers with convenient and innovative payment options. Futurex provides the best of both worlds, with hardened security solutions that make it easy to process payment transactions and store customer data safely. Futurex’s devices are all FIPS 140-2 Level 3-validated Secure Cryptographic Devices (SCD), providing security through physical measures such as reinforced steel chassis, dual bezel locks, and tamper-responsive wires that instantly zeroize sensitive data in the event of a physical intrusion attempt.
The physical security features of Futurex devices are combined with logical restrictions to provide a truly secure solution. Dual control and a role-based user system protect your retail environment from insider threats, with permissions able to be allocated according to the principle of least privilege. Every action, both for internal device configuration and external data processing, is logged in secure and exportable audit logs, simplifying the audit process.
Devices that Grow with Your Business
For enterprise-level retailers, it can be difficult to establish a core cryptographic infrastructure able to seamlessly incorporate new changes due to growth. As store expansion occurs, higher processing speeds, more storage capacity, stronger monitoring and alerting, and innovative technologies all need to be integrated rapidly and with zero downtime. The Futurex Hardened Enterprise Security Platform offers retailers this flexibility and reliability, with a Base Architecture Model that allows for vertical and horizontal scalability and easy updates to entire networks of devices.
Through the Guardian Series 3, retailers with locations across the globe can manage all devices from one central location. This centralized management server transforms legacy and fragmented infrastructures into a seamless, efficient, and secure system. The Guardian Series 3’s advanced capabilities are centered around total configuration and management of the Futurex devices running the cryptographic processes across your infrastructure, such as key management, PIN validation, and point to point encryption. Any updates or changes to your system can be pushed out to all devices from one central location, with load balancing and disaster recovery built in.
Total Lifecycle Security
Futurex’s expansive solution suite for retailers provides data security every step of the way, providing a total solution for data, keys, and certificates across their entire lifecycles from generation to end of life:
- The SKI Series 3 for injection of keys into payment terminals during manufacture
- The Excrypt Plus and Excrypt SSP Enterprise v.2 for securing payments within production environments
- The RKMS Series 3 for tracking and remotely replacing encryption keys and certificates
- The Guardian Series 3 for centralized management of your entire cryptographic system
- The REM1000 for direct integration into retail stores for secure data processing
- The Securus for remote infrastructure configuration and major key loading
The Technology Retailers Need
For the individual payment terminals found in every retail store, Futurex provides the key algorithms, protocols, and common technologies needed to secure every kind of payment. EMV, DUKPT, Triple DES, AES, Master/Session, and more: whatever encryption you’re looking for, you’ll find it at Futurex.
At the device management level, Futurex provides intelligent monitoring of vital system parameters, potential problems such as exhaustive PIN attacks, overall infrastructure health, and more. A customizable and automated alerting system keeps your systems administrators aware of any issues before they escalate.
Related Retail Products
Industry-leading technology for financial and general-purpose transaction processing and data security
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 compliant and PCI HSM validated
- Standardize HSM infrastructure onto a single platform
- Scalable up to 20,000 transactions per second
- Process EMV, RSA, P2PE, tokenization, and mobile transactions
Excrypt SSP Enterprise v.2
Protect your sensitive data and transactions with industry-leading security and speed:
- Meets or exceeds industry compliance standards
- Virtual HSMs allow for multiple independent data processing environments within a single physical platform
- Increases the overall speed and functionality of your HSM network
KMES Series 3
Hardened, enterprise-class key and certificate lifecycle management solutions
- Full symmetric and asymmetric key and certificate management
- Robust, versatile API for programmatic automation of repetitive tasks
- Easy, convenient generation of certificate trees
- Permission-based user management system with dual control
- Customized monitoring and alerting
Secure retail data at the source with embeddable, small form-factor encryption devices
- Supports mutual authentication to establish a trusted public key infrastructure
- Tamper evident and resistant design
- Automatic adjustment to power inputs
- Simple installation and management procedures
Guardian Series 3
Empower your administrators with centralized management, redundancy, device status monitoring, and more
- Central management for Futurex devices
- Comprehensive load distribution and automated failover
- User-defined grouping for devices
- Intuitive visual and logical user interface
- Customized notifications, alerts, and status reports
Compliantly and securely load keys and perform device configuration from anywhere in the world
- Easily manage your worldwide data encryption presence from a single location
- Capable of configuring multiple devices
- Eliminates the manual process of transferring key components
- Provides detailed audit records
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3-compliant