Join Futurex in Celebrating Data Privacy Day on January 28th
In today’s world, where much of our lives are lived while being connected online, there is limitless personally identifiable information (PII) in existence. Identifying data, such as your name, address, and date of birth, is freely available on the web. Also prevalent is the information about terms you search, where you work, where you have lived, which public figures you follow, which restaurants and shops you frequent, and any content you like or favorite. Due to this rich breadth and depth of information, it is important that we collectively make maintaining our privacy hygiene a higher priority.
For Data Privacy Day (DPD), Futurex has outlined a few key actionable steps that you can take to spread awareness of the need for better privacy and to maintain privacy in our interconnected world.
Learn more about laws and regulations:
In addition to being aware of the privacy policies on websites we often visit, it is important to be aware of the U.S. legislation that shapes the collection of PII. A few notable pieces of legislation include:
Feel free to browse guides and summaries of the legislation by using the hyperlinks below:
Engage with us on social media:
Use the following tips to promote the NCSA’s Data Privacy Day.
- On Twitter, follow @Futurex, @StaySafeOnline, and @DataPrivacyDay. On Instagram, follow @PrivacyAware.
- Tweet with us directly at @Futurex, and share what your organization is doing to protect PII and to maintain data privacy hygiene.
- Use #PrivacyAware to spread awareness for DPD.
- Find an event in your area, or join a live stream from NCSA’s event at Twitter Headquarters.
Keep reading about best practices:
If you haven’t already, this is a prime opportunity to brush up on best privacy hygiene practices.
- Visit NCSA’s "Five Digital To Dos" to maintain privacy. Their top tip is to lock down your login.
- Learn how to protect your mobile devices using this infographic.
Discover how Futurex’s solutions can protect PII:
Using cryptography to safeguard your organization’s privacy is cost-effective and easy-to-implement.
- Reach out to a Solutions Architect today to learn how your organization can use encryption to maintain compliance and ensure confidentiality.