LOCATION: Bulverde, Texas
HOURS: Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm, but availability to work nontraditional or weekend hours as needed is required.
Architect and maintain Linux web service infrastructure and deployments.
- Analyze service stack and make recommendations for further improvements.
- Design out and implement service infrastructure with taking into consideration; availability, scalability, and security with relation to SLA requirements.
- Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated.
- Communicate effectively to help bridge stakeholder and development requirements.
- Work directly on production-level code in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with a rapid time to market.
- Develop and extend both new and existing applications, as well as support deployment of these applications and troubleshoot customer-reported issues.
- Two or more years of experience in managing a Linux service-based architecture
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools such as Jenkins/GitLab CI
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Familiarity with network architecture and design best practices
- Experience with container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to code, test, and debug service issues at multiple levels within a stack using multiple languages and platforms
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with DevOps and Software Risk Evaluation (SRE) methodologies
- Experience automating Linux network infrastructure using Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Experience with network monitoring software such as Splunk, Nagios, or SolarWinds
- Demonstrated track record meeting and exceeding SLA requirements.
- Health, dental, vision, life, and short/long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Competitive compensation and opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with employer contribution match
- Welcoming, family-style corporate culture uniquely suited to fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and motivated individuals
- One of San Antonio’s “Best Places to Work” for nine consecutive years
Why Futurex is one of San Antonio’s Best Places to Work
The fast-paced corporate culture doesn’t detract from the fact that employees at Futurex are like family. Working at Futurex offers perks that facilitate health, teamwork, and – if you enjoy such opportunities as watching a San Antonio Spurs playoff game from the corporate suite – fun.Futurex Employees