Electronic Design Engineer - Embedded Systems
Futurex is seeking a team-oriented individual to fill the position of Electronic Design Engineer - Embedded Systems in Bulverde, Texas. The ideal candidate will perform moderately complex work involving research and development, as well as production, for Futurex's line of globally-recognized embedded, cross-platform data encryption solutions.
This position offers an opportunity for individuals skilled in schematic capture and layout (using CAD-based tools) to expand their talents by participating directly in a number of different phases of the hardware research, development, production, and support processes. Individual visibility within the team is high, and opportunities for rapid advancement exist.
The qualified candidate must be willing to work under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide technical assistance throughout the hardware development process. The position includes a generous compensation and benefits package.
Our currently open electrical engineering and hardware development positions are listed on our careers page; however, we are continuously looking for the best and the brightest engineers to join our team, and will always welcome resume submissions directly to [email protected] for consideration even if no specific opening is listed.
- Assist with system/board/FPGA-level design and test operations
- Build, test, and modify product prototypes, using working models or theoretical models constructed using CAD-based computer simulation
- Confer with engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software, maintaining compliance with operational and performance requirements
- Write and maintain detailed functional specifications to support hardware introduction
- Complete board-level debugging and testing, system integration, and reliability analysis
- Work in testing, production, and maintenance to identify causes of component failure
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar field)
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Strong working knowledge of Altium PCB design software
- Experience with schematic capture (CAD-based software) and PCB layout for embedded systems
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, FPGA, and electronic/computer hardware/software
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Experience with in-circuit acceptance, functional testing, and electronic test equipment
- Ability to interpret digital electronic circuit and logic diagrams
- Knowledge of FCC and CE design standards
- Experience with multiple architectures and platforms, particularly PowerPC and ARM
- Experience with cable assembly / soldering
- Signal and power simulation and modeling
- HDL programming
- Linux device driver knowledge
- Solid understanding of computer internals, code compiler processes, and TCP/IP networking
- Scenic corporate campus located approximately 15 minutes north of San Antonio, Texas.
Why Futurex is one of San Antonio’s Best Places to Work
The fast-paced corporate culture doesn’t detract from the fact that employees at Futurex are like family. Working at Futurex offers perks that facilitate health, teamwork, and – if you enjoy such opportunities as watching a San Antonio Spurs playoff game from the corporate suite – fun.Futurex Employees