Electronic Design Engineer - Embedded Systems
Futurex is seeking a team-oriented individual to fill the position of Electronic Design Engineer - Embedded Systems in Bulverde, 15 miles north of San Antonio, Texas.
The ideal candidate will perform moderately complex work involving research and development, as well as production, for Futurex's line of globally-recognized embedded, cross-platform data encryption solutions.
This position offers an opportunity for individuals skilled in schematic capture and layout (using CAD-based tools) to expand their talents by participating directly in a number of different phases of the hardware research, development, production, and support processes. Individual visibility within the team is high, and opportunities for rapid advancement exist.
The qualified candidate must be willing to work under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide technical assistance throughout the hardware development process. The position includes a generous compensation and benefits package.
- Design, develop, and test cryptographic embedded systems.
- Research requirements and develop product specifications according to marketing and customer needs.
- Collaborate with engineers in other disciplines of system design.
- Prepare production documentation for manufacturing and assembly.
- Write and maintain detailed functional specifications.
- Write and maintain production test procedures, fixtures, and systems.
- BS in electrical or electronic engineering (or similar field).
- 3+ years of embedded systems design experience.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, and electronic/computer hardware.
- Experience with in-circuit acceptance, functional testing, and electronic test equipment.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout software.
- Ability to interpret digital electronic circuit and logic diagrams.
- Good understanding of high-speed signal integrity.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Desire for excellence in all results of the team and individual efforts.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervisory direction.
- Solid knowledge of Altium Designer.
- Experience with FIPS 140-2 and/or Payment Card Industry (PCI) PTS
- Knowledge of FCC and CE design standards.
- Signal and power simulation and modeling.
- Analog design experience.
- Power supply experience.
- Design for test experience.
- Design for manufacturing experience.
- Experience with multiple architectures and platforms, particularly x86-64, ARM, and RISC-V
LOCATION: Bulverde, Texas
Why Futurex is one of San Antonio’s Best Places to Work
The fast-paced corporate culture doesn’t detract from the fact that employees at Futurex are like family. Working at Futurex offers perks that facilitate health, teamwork, and – if you enjoy such opportunities as watching a San Antonio Spurs playoff game from the corporate suite – fun.Futurex Employees