Entry-Level Software/Firmware Developer
Futurex is seeking talented individuals with a passion for developing innovative, software-based solutions for the role of Entry-Level Software Developer. Our world-class software engineering team is based at Futurex's Engineering Campus in the Hill Country just north of San Antonio, Texas.
This role offers an opportunity for entry-level candidates to expand their talents by participating directly in the development of production software. Individual visibility within the team is high, and opportunities for rapid advancement exist. All levels of Futurex software engineers work directly on production-level code in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment on products with a rapid time to market.
Qualified candidates possess the ability to design programs and systems based on defined requirements; to prepare program specifications; to code, test, and debug software; to interpret technical information relating to software development; and to communicate effectively. The position involves developing and extending both existing and new applications, as well as documenting methods and procedures.
- Design, code, test, and troubleshoot software developed for Futurex's line of applications and/or cryptographic devices
- Confer with users and team members to develop, understand, and update requirements for product features
- Write and maintain programming documentation on subjects including code, API functionality, and software issue creation/resolution
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored, or accessed
- A key role in production-level software projects working directly on cutting-edge encryption technology with a fast time to market
- Competitive compensation and opportunities for advancement
- Scenic corporate campus with amenities including a tennis court, jogging trail, and putting green
- Welcoming, family-style corporate culture uniquely suited to fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and motivated individuals
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- Software development experience in C and/or C++
- Motivated, self-starting, and eager to learn
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with scripting (Python, Perl, or Bash)
- SQL experience and basic understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Experience with version control software
- Experience with multiple architectures, particularly PowerPC or ARM
- Scenic corporate campus located approximately 15 minutes north of San Antonio, Texas.
Why Futurex is one of San Antonio’s Best Places to Work
The fast-paced corporate culture doesn’t detract from the fact that employees at Futurex are like family. Working at Futurex offers perks that facilitate health, teamwork, and – if you enjoy such opportunities as watching a San Antonio Spurs playoff game from the corporate suite – fun.Futurex Employees