Senior Software Engineer
Futurex is seeking talented individuals to enhance our suite of cryptographic devices. Help us win the fight in 'ease of use versus security' by joining our battle against the malicious actors of the cyber world. Marry the latest technologies and strategies with the tried and true algorithms and standards of our industry.
Our world-class software engineering team is based at Futurex's Engineering Campus in the Hill Country just north of San Antonio, Texas. The role involves working in small agile project-based teams to extend and enhance features of the Futurex 'Hardened Enterprise Security Platform'. The position requires using crypto and key management concepts to add features and enhancements to C++ applications that provide services around Futurex hardware security modules.
Opportunities for growth and rapid advancement are abundant for developers with a passion for learning and designing software. The fast-paced merit-based culture provides a great environment to advance your career and engineering prowess. The position includes a generous compensation and incentive pay package. Both senior and junior positions are available.
- Design, code, test and troubleshoot applications that interface with Futurex's line of embedded cryptographic devices
- Develop and document APIs and protocols used when interfacing with external systems
- Read and comply with published standards and technical documentation
- Software development experience in C++
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- 3-5+ years of experience working in enterprise software development
- Professional software development experience in C++
- Experience using C++11 memory management (ownership, rvalues)
- Experience using classic C++98 memory management
- Experience performing peer code review
- Ability to read and write Python and Bash scripts
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- Experience reading and writing C code
- Knowledge of cryptographic concepts
- Experience with TLS and PKI certificates
- Experience using docker and docker-compose
- Experience using Jenkins and Jenkinsfiles for CI/CD
- Basic understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Full stack web development experience (Nginx, Flask, Vue.js)
- Experience using enterprise tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and GitLab
- Experience using Berkeley socket API
- Play a key role in production-level software projects and work directly on the development of cutting-edge embedded encryption technology with a fast time to market.
- Competitive compensation and opportunities for advancement.
- Health, dental, vision, life, and short/long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan with employer contribution match
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling policy
- Scenic corporate campus with amenities including a tennis court, jogging trail, and putting green.
- Company-provided snacks and drinks
- Complimentary gym membership
- Welcoming, family-style corporate culture uniquely suited to fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and motivated individuals.
Why Futurex is one of San Antonio’s Best Places to Work
The fast-paced corporate culture doesn’t detract from the fact that employees at Futurex are like family. Working at Futurex offers perks that facilitate health, teamwork, and – if you enjoy such opportunities as watching a San Antonio Spurs playoff game from the corporate suite – fun.Futurex Employees