Futurex is seeking talented individuals with a passion for developing innovative, software-based solutions for the role of Software Developer. Our world-class software engineering team is based at Futurex’s Engineering Campus in the Hill Country between San Antonio and Austin, Texas.
This role offers an opportunity for experienced candidates to expand their talents by playing a major role in the development of production software. Individual visibility within the team is high, and opportunities for rapid advancement exist. All levels of Futurex software engineers work directly on production-level code in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment on products with a rapid time to market.
Qualified candidates possess the ability to design programs and systems based on defined requirements; to prepare program specifications; to code, test, and debug software; to interpret technical information relating to software development; and to communicate effectively. The position involves developing and extending both existing and new applications, as well as documenting methods and procedures.
For over 39 years, Futurex has been a globally recognized leader in providing hardened, enterprise-class data security solutions. More than 15,000 customers worldwide have used Futurex solutions to protect their highly sensitive data, including healthcare organizations, government agencies, financial institutions, retail organizations, electronic device manufacturers, and educational institutions.
The dedication that Futurex has to its employees is exhibited by the amenities of our corporate campus located in a Texas Hill Country suburb just north of San Antonio as well as the positive corporate culture built by our employees. At Futurex, we believe that we have created a truly unique team of fast-paced, energetic, diverse, and entrepreneurial individuals who have come together to create revolutionary data encryption solutions.
Futurex has been recognized by the San Antonio Business Journal as one of San Antonio’s “Best Places to Work” for nine consecutive years.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- 3-5+ years of software development experience in C and/or C++
- Motivated, self-starting, and eager to learn
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with scripting (Python, Perl, or Bash)
- SQL experience and strong understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Experience with version control software
- Design, code, test, and troubleshoot software developed for Futurex’s line of applications and/or cryptographic devices
- Confer with team members to develop, understand, and update requirements for product features
- Write and maintain programming documentation on subjects including code, API functionality, and software issue creation/resolution
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored, or accessed
- Play a key role in production-level software projects and work directly on the development of cutting-edge embedded encryption technology with a fast time to market
- Competitive compensation and opportunities for advancement
- Health, dental, vision, life, and short/long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan with employer contribution match
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Flexible scheduling policy
- Scenic corporate campus with amenities including a tennis court, jogging trail, and putting green.
- Company-provided snacks and drinks
- Complimentary gym membership
- Welcoming, family-style corporate culture uniquely suited to fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and motivated individuals.
Scenic corporate campus located approximately 15 minutes north of San Antonio, Texas.
Why Futurex is one of San Antonio’s Best Places to Work
The fast-paced corporate culture doesn’t detract from the fact that employees at Futurex are like family. Working at Futurex offers perks that facilitate health, teamwork, and – if you enjoy such opportunities as watching a San Antonio Spurs playoff game from the corporate suite – fun.Futurex Employees