Sr. Software Developer
Futurex is seeking talented individuals with a passion for developing innovative, software-based solutions to complex data encryption tasks based within our suite of hardware cryptographic modules. Our world-class software engineering team is based at Futurex's Engineering Campus in Bulverde, 15 miles north of San Antonio, Texas.
This role offers an opportunity for skilled individuals to expand their talents by participating directly in the development of production software. Individual visibility within the team is high, and opportunities for rapid advancement exist. All levels of Futurex software engineers work directly on production-level code in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment on products with a rapid time to market.
Ideal candidates perform moderate to highly complex application development work involving Futurex's line of globally-recognized, cross-platform data encryption solutions. The position involves extending existing applications and developing new ones, as well as documenting methods and procedures used in program development, and testing, correcting, and revising programs.
Qualified candidates must be willing to work under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Candidates must have general knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of computer programming and systems analysis, of computer operations, procedures, and systems, and of computer programming languages.
Qualified candidates should possess the ability to process information logically, to design programs and systems based on defined requirements, to prepare program specifications, to code, test, and debug computer programs, to interpret technical information relating to computer programming and other areas of data processing, to perform mathematical calculations, and to communicate effectively. The position includes a generous compensation and incentive pay package.
Our currently open software developer positions are listed at our careers page; however, we are continuously looking for the best and the brightest engineers to join our team, and will always welcome resume submissions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration even if no specific opening is listed.
- Design, code, test and troubleshoot new applications developed for Futurex's line of embedded cryptographic devices
- Develop and document APIs and protocols used when interfacing with external systems
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
- Write and maintain programming documentation
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference
- Play a key role in production-level software projects and work directly on the development of cutting-edge embedded encryption technology with a fast time to market.
- Competitive compensation and opportunities for advancement.
- Scenic corporate campus with amenities including a tennis court, jogging trail, and putting green.
- Welcoming, family-style corporate culture uniquely suited to fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and motivated individuals.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- 3-5 years of experience working in enterprise software development
- Software development experience in C and/or C++
- Experience developing multi-tiered architectures
- Motivated, self-starting, and eager to learn
- Experience with Linux, QT, OpenSSL, Subversion, scripting (Python, Perl, Bash).
- Solid understanding of computer internals, code compiler processes, and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with multiple architectures and platforms, particularly PowerPC or ARM.
- SQL programming and basic understanding of relational databases.
- Knowledge of cryptographic methods, principles, and standards.
LOCATION: Bulverde, Texas
Why Futurex is one of San Antonio’s Best Places to Work
The fast-paced corporate culture doesn’t detract from the fact that employees at Futurex are like family. Working at Futurex offers perks that facilitate health, teamwork, and – if you enjoy such opportunities as watching a San Antonio Spurs playoff game from the corporate suite – fun.Futurex Employees