Secure Payment Processing Through the Holidays and Beyond
Blog post by Santos Campa, Regional Business VP, Enterprise Sales, LAC,Futurex, was originally published on CEGA Security’s blog.
The biggest online retail season of the year is upon us. It’s a great time to reflect on whether all that effort you have put into securing payment processing and other financial systems has paid off. Clearly, it’s a different shopping season in 2020, as more consumers are buying gifts from their couch during the coronavirus pandemic, according to CNBC. The more shoppers, the more scammers and cyber criminals, which means your systems are being tested to the max. Will they hold up?
Amidst scammers, skimmers, and sellers, securing transactions is of utmost importance to retailers, during the holiday shopping season and every day. Like 24/7 retail operations, hackers never rest.The most recent new threat is the Magecart attack, a credit-card skimming technique for hijacking PayPal transactions during checkout.
Amazon and its sellers rang in more than $4.8 billion in sales — a record — from Black Friday through Cyber Monday this year. Imagine the number of payment transactions whizzing through the stratosphere in those four days!
At that rate, it’s no wonder that many retailers and organizations around the world depend on the Futurex Excrypt Series, hardware security modules (HSMs) that are ideal for securing electronic payments. With robust security and processing speed — the ability to process 20,000 transactions per second — the Excrypt Series is the most powerful and feature-rich line of financial HSMs available. Here’s what makes it the industry-leading choice for retailers worldwide:
- Industry-Leading Financial TPS. Futurex’s Excrypt Series of HSMs represent the most advanced financial processing technology available today. The Excrypt family of devices — the Excrypt Plus and Excrypt SSP Enterprise v.2 — provide the ultimate combination of security, scalability, and processing speed.
- Multi-Use Functionality. The expansive functionality allows organizations to accomplish a variety of encryption and data processing functions, including:
- EMV data preparation and transaction processing
- PKCS #11 for host application integration
- Point-to-point encryption
- RSA for asymmetric key loading to ATMs
- Security Standards. When it comes to financial processing where stringent regulations and standards must be met, full compliance with applicable industry standards is critical. The Excrypt Series meets or exceeds all audit requirements for current and emerging security standards including ANSI, ISO, FIPS, and PCI. Additionally, each Excrypt Series contains a proprietary Futurex cryptographic module that is compliant with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 and has been fully tested and validated by the PCI Security Standard Council.
- Disaster Recovery and Hardware Redundancy. Our systems feature:
- Dual, redundant power supplies
- Dual Ethernet ports capable of Ethernet bonding
- Facilitates disaster recovery by backing up data and configuration settings and maintaining high availability when integrated with the Futurex Guardian
- Physical security. Physical security is a hallmark of the Excrypt Series. The devices are equipped with a variety of physical and logical security measures such as a tamper-resistant and responsive chassis, dual control access requirements, environmental protection safeguards, and more.
- Integration. The devices within the Excrypt Series can be integrated with other Futurex products. For example, combining the Excrypt Series with one of Futurex’s management platforms, such as the Guardian Series 3 Centralized Management Platform or the Excrypt Touch touch-screen tablet, allows for convenient remote management from virtually anywhere.
Our 40 years of experience in the security industry, combined with our unique understanding of key management and encryption-based security, are at the core of the Excrypt Series. With wide-ranging cryptographic functionality including EMV, Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE), tokenization, and mobile payment processing, we are here for the long haul, to support financial services organizations and their mission-critical secure payments long past the holiday 2020 retail season.
How can we help you with your cryptographic solutions? Schedule a call today!